9/14/2020 11:45:00 AM
#25/RV PITT (1-0, 0-0 ACC) vs. SYRACUSE (0-1, 0-1 ACC)
September 19, 2020 • Noon, ET
Heinz Field (68,400/Natural Grass) • Pittsburgh, Pa.
ACC Network • Pitt Panthers Radio NetworkGame Storylines
• No. 25 Pitt opens a stretch of 10 consecutive ACC contests when it hosts Syracuse at Heinz Field. The Panthers are coming off a 55-0 season-opening win over Austin Peay. The Orange lost 31-6 at North Carolina.• Pitt and Syracuse have played every year since 1955, when both schools were independents. The Panthers and Orange were Big East football conference members from 1993-2012 before entering the ACC in 2013.
• The Panthers have won 15 of the past 18 games in the series. However, tight games are commonplace. Six of the past eight contests have been decided by single digits, including Pitt’s 27-20 win last year in the Dome.
• Pitt is 8-1 against the Orange at Heinz Field. Syracuse’s lone win at Heinz occurred in 2001, the venue’s inaugural year.
• Since 2015, Pat Narduzzi has directed the Panthers to 24 victories in ACC play, tied for the third-highest win total (with Virginia Tech) during that span and trailing only Clemson (39) and Miami (25).
• Since joining the ACC in 2013, the Panthers are 3-4 in conference openers. This will be the third consecutive year and fourth time overall that Pitt opens ACC play at home.
• Senior quarterback Kenny Pickett was highly effective in one half of play against Austin Peay. Pickett compiled 300 total yards, throwing for 277 and running for an additional 23. He accounted for two touchdowns (one pass, one rush).
• The heralded Pitt defense surrendered a single rushing yard to Austin Peay on 22 carries. The Panthers gave up only 137 yards overall in producing their first shutout since 2014.
Series in Brief
Series Began: 1916
Series Overall: Pitt leads 40-32-3
ACC Series: Pitt leads 6-1
At Pittsburgh: Pitt leads 23-11
At Syracuse: SU leads 19-17-3
At Neutral Sites: SU leads 2-0
Last Meeting: Oct. 18, 2019 (Pitt 27, Syracuse 20)
Last Meeting at Pitt: Oct. 6, 2018 (Pitt 44, Syracuse 37 [OT])
Current Series Win Streak: Pitt has won 2 (2018-19)
Longest Pitt Series Win Streak: 11 games (1973-83)
Longest SU Series Win Streak: 11 games (1991-2001)
Television • ACC Network
Chris Cotter (play-by-play), Mark Herzlich (analyst), Kelsey Riggs (reporter)
Pitt Radio • 93.7 The Fan & Pitt Panthers Radio Network
Jeff Hathhorn (play-by-play), Pat Bostick (analyst), Larry Richert (reporter)
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Sirius 105, XM 193, Internet 955
WPTS Radio (Pitt Student Station) • 92.1 FM
The ACC Network is available through the following video providers: Altice, AT&T, Charter/Spectrum, Cox Cable, DIRECTV, DISH, Google Fiber, Hulu Live TV, Optimum, Sling, Verizon Fios, Vidgo and YouTube TV, among others. All ACCN games will also be available on the ESPN App to authenticated cable subscribers. Fans interested in learning more about ACCN can visit GetACCN.com.
ABOUT ACC NETWORK
Owned and operated by ESPN in partnership with the Atlantic Coast Conference, ACC Network is a 24/7 national network dedicated to ACC sports that launched Aug. 22, 2019. Approximately 450 live contests including 40 regular-season football games, 150 men’s and women’s basketball games, and 200 other regular-season competitions and tournament games from across the conference’s 27 sponsored sports will be televised annually, plus a complement of news and information shows and original programming. Together, ACC Network’s TV and digital platforms featured over 1,000 ACC events in its first year. ESPN has been televising ACC content since 1979 and has exclusive rights to every conference-controlled game across sports and championships.
#H2P | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram