Do you have a pocket knife or folding knife in your hands? Do you have a good multipurpose knife? Want to know how to keep your quality knives like the first day? So, you’re interested to know how to maintain pocket knife.
Today we are talking about cleaning and maintaining pocket knives so that they last many years. At eSaleKnives, we have a special passion for knives, and that’s why we want to help you keep them as the first day. Take note of these recommendations!
First of all, it is important to note that the maintenance of pocket knife and multipurpose knives is not the same as the maintenance of the kitchen knives. The characteristics of both utensils are different and, therefore, their needs as well. The blades have specific uses and several peculiarities that “force” us to give particular care and cleaning. That said, here are some tips:
How to clean Pocket knives
- Folding Pocket knives must always be kept clean,so we should avoid letting dirt stick for a long time. What does this mean? That we should clean a rag very well the knives after using them. In this way, we will remove all debris, such as dust, stains, dirt.
- Bring water to a boil and dip your knifeto boil with water for a few minutes. But no more than 3 minutes. Thus, we will de-embed the excess moisture.
- Try to avoid moisturein the knife, Such a dry cloth. At the same time, you will be removing any remaining dirt and any traces of soap.
- Always keep your blades with a good sharpening, so you don’t have to exert too much pressure. This could also be dangerous for us.
- Take care of the greasing of the knife mechanism,an aspect that we don’t have to worry about in kitchen knives. If it is not properly greased, it may become damaged or stop working properly, causing unintentional injuries. Use good quality oil to lubricate it.
- Try to soil or wet only the bladeso that dirt only affects that part of the knife. In case it gets wet, dust should be cleaned instantly and dried to avoid moisture. It is especially important the part where the blade and handle are joined as it is the opening and closing groove, and it is easy to accumulate water or dirt. You can use a toothpick, for example, to clean the slot and then grease it with the right product.
- Don’t forget to dry the whole knife very well after you’ve cleaned and liked it.It is advisable to use a cotton or microfiber cloth.
The post How to Maintain and Clean Pocket Knife? appeared first on Knnit.