The adrenal fatigue that do not work properly can cause several health problems more or less seriously. Some people see their lives completely turned upside down, have to stop working for months or even years. What are the causes, consequences and ways to restore the disorder?
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
The adrenal fatigue are two in number and are located on the upper outer part of our kidneys. Each gland is in turn divided into two distinct parts whose functions differ.
The outer layer
Called adrenal cortex, it produces several hormones: cortisol, aldosterone and sex hormones. Among others, these hormones:
- Regulate the metabolism and the good distribution of carbohydrates, proteins and lipids in the body.
- Act on blood pressure.
- Regulate the absorption of sodium and potassium in the body.
- Intervene in sexual functions and reproduction.
The inner core
Called adrenal medulla, it produces adrenaline and norepinephrine, some of the functions of which are:
Stimulate nerve receptors and defend the body against external aggressions.
Act on the vascular system.
In addition, in addition to these very specific functions, you should know that the release of these hormones on a regular and adequate basis optimizes perceptions and reactions. The global action of the adrenal fatigue is what allows us to cope with stressful everyday situations.
Problems related to dysfunction of the adrenal fatigue can be caused by too weak or accelerated functioning of the production of the corresponding hormones. Several disorders can result:
- Chronic fatigue, even after a good night’s sleep
- Decreased libido
- Unexplained daily weakness
- Voltage drops
- Joint pain
- Serious premenstrual syndrome
- Appearance of allergies
- Imperative need to consume very sweet or very salty products
In addition, some serious diseases can result from the dysregulation of the adrenal fatigue :
- Slow or acute renal failure
- Cushing’s disease
- Hypercorticism syndromes
- Conn syndrome
The Recovery Journey
In the majority of cases, disorders linked to dysfunction of the adrenal fatigue can be treated by Adrenal fatigue supplements (or limiting) sources of stress and by practicing a healthy lifestyle. This includes :
- A balanced diet
- Taking food supplements
- Regular physical activity
- Stress management by various means (therapy, meditation, alternative medicine, etc.)
- Balanced sleep
- In some cases: when the burnout is already advanced, it may be necessary to take anxiolytic drugs
If a more serious disease related to the adrenal fatigue is diagnosed following medical examinations, treatment will be done on a case-by-case basis.
The Way Forward
In many cases, the dysfunction of the adrenal fatigue occurs in the event of prolonged stress over many months (years). The glands are too stressed to an extent that they fail to respond and…may totally stop functioning. One way to prevent disorders is therefore not to stress your body beyond its reasonable capacity.
The post Malfunction of the adrenal fatigue appeared first on Knnit.