Coronaviruses (CoV) is a family of viruses. These viruses are of many types. Some of the viruses caused normal cold or respiratory illnesses while some caused death. The serious deadly coronaviruses caused Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
It is said that the coronavirus has been transmitted from the animals to humans. And the virus that emerged and effected the Chinese is named as 2019 Novel Coronavirus or 2019-nCoV. It is a new virus that had not been seen in humans previously.
Coronavirus was identified in Wuhan, a city of China at the end of the year 2019. And on 7th January 2020, the Chinese authorities confirmed that they are an outbreak of an unknown virus. It is also suspected that this virus is caused by the snakes but still it is not confirmed yet.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
The symptoms of coronavirus according to the World Health Organization (WHO) are:
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
While on the other hand, in the more critical cases, this virus leads to pneumonia, SARS, or organs failure and even death.
What is the treatment of coronavirus?
As far as the treatment of the coronavirus is concerned, unfortunately, there is not a specific treatment available for the virus. Researchers are trying to discover its treatment but right now they didn’t get success. At present, the patients of coronavirus are treated with supportive measures and given the treatment of the revealed symptoms. For the critical patients of the coronavirus, it may be possible that they may be treated with research medicines or drugs to control the disease.
What are the precautionary measures against the coronavirus?
Prevention is better than cure. And as coronavirus is not curable so it is better to take precautionary measures to protect yourself. The basic preventive measures suggested by the World Health Organization are mentioned below:
- Frequently wash your hands with water and soap. Also, use a hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing with a mask or a tissue paper
- Keep a distance of around 3 feet from other people. And keep distance specifically with the people who are having any symptoms of coronavirus like coughing, sneezing, or fever.
- If you are having any symptoms including cough, fever, or difficulty in breathing immediately seek medical attention. Don’t delay it, go to the doctor as soon as possible.
- If you are not living in China and having mild respiratory symptoms it is better to stay at home until you are completely recovered. If it is not possible to stay at home it is recommended to restrict your activities as much as possible.
- Take proper safety measures while shopping in the wet markets. Avoid live contact with the suspected animals.
- It is suggested to handle milk, raw meat, and other animal organs carefully and eat food that is well-cooked.
With this deadly virus, a huge population of China has been affected and the number of new patients and deaths is increasing day by day. And all the international health organizations declared an outbreak emergency in the whole world. Therefore, it is recommended to take proper precautionary measures to protect yourself from this deadly virus.